I really am blessed to be married to Kari. She is a great example and an unshakable support. I hope her day was really special, because she deserves it.
Bridgette brought home her poetry assignment and really blew me away. She has some really cool stuff. I hope I don't come across as a braggart, but I want to share a few with y'all.
We love to talk
We hate to listen
We expect others to hear
But we don't open our ears
We need help
But won't tell
We want others to see
But we refuse to look
We beg others not to judge
but can't help but to judge others
Can't we understand?
We must be what
We want others to be.
Understanding looked at me
Her eyes focused on mine
Her callused, gentle hand grabbed my shoulder
"Tell me" she said "I want to understand"
I looked into her knowing eyes
And my eyelid pricked with tears
As she pulled me into a comforting hug
I told her all my troubles
I finished and she looked at me.
Her eyes seemed to say
"I know how you feel"
As she stroked my hair
Her finger tips sent
A flood of relief over me.
I smiled, Finally, someone understands.
I am pretty proud... I will have to get some more on here later. I am dozing off a bit right now. Thanks for your support. -Kev
2 comments:
WAHOO Bridgette!!!
Grandpa Mac
Elder McEvoy
I'm in love with that first one especially! What talent that girl has, really impressive! Oh, and the family picture is great too! :)
Post a Comment