I wanted to share a pretty cool lesson we had in sunday school today.
My teacher started off by asking us what we didn't like. We names off pet peeves, foods, even football teams;) Finally He told us to list people we didn't like. This may sound harsh but you know, us being a bunch of teenagers, we had a couple people who we didn't exactly...admire. We all made our personal lists. Then he pulled out a dart board and handed us some darts. He told us to pretend the white paper on the board was a picture of the person. I, personally, thought it was harsh to "throw darts" at the people we didn't like but all the other kids thought it was a great plan. We were all given three tries to hit the board. I missed two of the three and the third was barely on the board. Then after everyone had had a turn he'd asked us if we felt better now. If we had all our frustration out. Mostly everyone said yes. Then he read the scripture Matthew 5:25. if ye have done it not unto the least of these my bretheren, ye have done it not unto me. Then it started clicking in everyones heads. He asked a girl named Rashell to take the paper off the dart board. Under the paper was a picture of Christ.
I thought this was pretty powerful. If we are rude to others we are being rude to the Savior. I think this is the season to try our hardest to see the good in others and to see past their faults.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment