


Kyra's baptism was in Feruary, and yes it's April but at least I'm writing now! It was a great day. Earlier in the week Kyra and I were getting ready to go to Jensen Park for a photo shoot with Aunt Krystal. Kyra was really excited because she would get to wear her new baptism dress and all the trimmings, her new white shoes, and of course her special necklace given to her from her Grandpa McEvoy. Kyra wears this necklace every year on her birthday to help her remember her sweet Grandmother Elaine McEvoy whom she was named after. Well when Kyra went to go get the necklace out of the box it was gone! She remembered that she had worn the necklace earlier that week to school on the day of her birthday. She had forgotten to put the necklace back in the box that night. I suggested to Kyra that she go and pray. A few minutes later she came and told me that she had prayed but she still couldn't find the necklace. I asked her if she asked Heavenly Father to help her know where to look. She said that she had not. Kyra and I went and prayed together, Kyra prayed and I listened. After the prayer we continued to look for the necklace. Kyra told me that she thought we should look down stairs so we went down there and began our search again. A few minutes later we found the necklace!
On Saturday when we arrived at the church Kyra started to cry and told me that she had a terrible headache. I told her to say a prayer in her heart and it would go away. After we met with the bishop and he told us what to do and where to go, Kyra told me that she was still experiencing a headache. I could tell that she was trying hard not to cry. Kyra asked Kevin if he would please give her a blessing before the meeting began. Our whole family found a small empty classroom and went inside to give Kyra a blessing. It was a really neat experience. The spirit was so strong and reaffirmed to me the power of the priesthood and also the truthfulness that our Heavenly Father loves us all. After the blessing Kyra's countenance changed and she looked very happy and peaceful. The baptism was wonderful. Our family had the musical number. I played an arrangement of I am a Child of God that I had written to go along with Kevin on the Cello and Bridgette, Allison, , Regan and Brenden sang. I had a lot of fun doing this with the family and I think it sounded pretty good.
After the baptism we went over to the white church for a luncheon with the Zaugg's. Ryan was also baptized that day. Lynette and I had decorated the tables with pictures of Kyra and Ryan and balloons. We both had video's on different tv's and Lynette made a really great cake. There were a lot of people there but we were well prepared and it turned out really nice
No comments:
Post a Comment