Allison has been taking vocal training from a young man in Syracuse. She had her first recital on Saturday. She sang three songs (all memorized) My Favorite things, Unexpected Song and Castle on a Cloud. Her voice has really blossomed this year and she sounded so good. I was so proud of her. She was really nervous but she still did a great job. The recital was really fun and at the end the vocal teacher got up and said that his vocal teacher always told his students and you should never make your students get up and performer if your not willing to do it yourself! So he sat at the piano and put on his harmonica head gear and sang "The Piano Man". WOW he had an amazing voice besides the fact that he was playing the piano and harmonica as well. He later told me that when he was 12 years old he had a horrible voice and didn't have any desire to play the piano. One day he watched someone perform "The Piano Man" and the rest is history! I thought that was a really great example of following our dream!
Sorry that these video's are turned the wrong way I can't figure out how to turn them. If anyone knows how to do that please let me know.
1 comment:
You can't turn them because that's the way you took the videos. You have to always take videos horizontally with your camera. I know, it sucks!
By the way, CUTE blog!!! Love the background. Glad I could give you some tips! :)
Post a Comment