Sunday, December 21, 2008

My talk

i gave a talk in sacrament meeting today and i thought that i should share it will my family so here it is :)

I was asked to speak on faith in Jesus Christ. When I told my mom about this topic she quickly thought of the song, “I’ll follow him in faith.” The second verse reads the lord has blessed me to feel his love, I have felt his promptings and learned to trust so in all I do I’ll be faithful too the things I know are true. In the true to the faith it say this about trusting in the lord Jesus Christ “having faith in Jesus Christ means completely relying on him-trusting in his infinite power, intelligence, and love.” The next part of the song says the lord has blessed me with simple faith. With a faithful heart I will sing his praise. I will raise my voice and proclaim my choice to follow him in faith. He has shown the way and trough all my days I will follow him in faith.There are many ways we can follow in faith, but one of the best ways to do that is by the way you live. In moroni 7;33 the savior says, if ye will have faith in me ye shall gave power to do whatsoever thing is expedient on me” having faith can lead you to do many good works, obey the commandments, over come temptation and repent. Faith can also work miracles. In Luke 18:35-42 it says and I t came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho a certain blind man sat by the way side begging and hearing the multitude pass by he asked what it meant and they told him that jesus of Nazareth passeth by and he cried saying jesus thou son of david have mercy on me and they which went before rebuked him that he should hold his peace but he cried so much the more thou son of david have mercy on me and jesus stood and commanded him to be brought unto him and when he was come near he asked him saying what wilt thou that I shall do unto thee and he said lord that I may receive my sight and jesus said unto him receive they sight they faith hat saved thee in the fourth article of faith it say that the first principle and ordinance of the gospel is faith in the lord Jesus Christ. If it is the first principle, it must be very important. Faith is important to me. With out my faith in the lord Jesus Christ and his plan of salvation, this previous week would have been extremely hard for me, and my family. As some of you know, I had a cousin pass away this last weekend. Because my family has such strong faith in the plan of salvation, we know we will see him again.

3 comments:

Mom in Mendon said...

Beautiful, Bridgette. I love that song.

Grandma

Mom in Mendon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Dear Bridgette,

I am so excited to read your thoughts and ideas about faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This is one of the main themes of our Zone Conference this past week. You are right about our faith in Him at times when we have the challenges we face.
I know your faith will bless our life many,many times more to come.
We love you dear, and we also love our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Keep the faith,

Elder McEvoy